Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tourette's or Stress...


Well, ever since the MCAS my son has been dealing with disabiling tics. Things got so bad that he had trouble walking, and even fell down the stairs. We finally got an emergency appointment with a child psychiatrist (only after his primary physician - who is at the top of her profession interveened) who prescribed a medication they use for Tourette's Syndrome.


Now I know that Asperger's and Tourette's sometimes exists as co-morbid conditions, but I still have my doubts. The only time he tics is when he is stressed out. This past holiday weekend, he was home for 3 days - and by Sunday night was virtually tic free. When I picked him up at school the tics were back.


It doesn't help that the school has absolutely no routines or schedules in place for him.

No comments: