Sunday, May 18, 2008

Meet Lacy....


Heartbroken and suffering from insomnia, I found myself surfing the web at 1 am one morning in the week after we lost Violet. Of course I end up at Petfinder. I type in Pug...and lo and behold Lacy pops up.
She was found in a shelter by Pug Rescue of New England. She had ear and eye infections, she was dirty, smelly, and was "a bag of bones" according to her foster mom Karen, who didn't think Lacy would every be adopted out to a "forever home" because Lacy is already 8 years old and she is "visually" challenged. In other words, our new little puglet is blind.
The minute I saw her picture online I knew that *we* were her family. We met Lacy and took her home that day...She has intergrated beautifully into our busy household. She loves to snuggle and keep me company on the couch. She has pretty much memorized the entire first floor and rarely bumps into anything (unless of course we move the furniture around).
So as I write this, I am smilling and my heart is happy and full of love for this little pug who brings a smile to my face every time I look at her. She is lying next to me, snoring and snuffling contentedly as I type away. Welcome home Lacy...

No comments: