Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Do I expect to much from people?

Ok, here it is, 10:30 am the day before school is to start and I call to find out about transportation for Max. Well, the secretary who takes care of that has no idea what I am talking about.

"What? He isn't going to the Columbus? Nobody told me that. I'm expected to make these arrangements? I have to put this out for bid. This isn't going to be ready for tomorrow. You have to call Mrs. Brown and tell her to call me. I can't do anything until I hear from Mrs. Brown"

So, I take a deep breath and apologize to her and call Mrs. Brown. Well she isn't in her office, so I leave a message. Then I call the Director of the School Max is supposed to be going to. She asks me if I have spoken to Mrs. Brown. "No, why?" I ask. "Well, because she hasn't signed anything, and last time we spoke (last week) she said you were still looking at other options..."

So I call the SPED office, but there is no one there to take my call and I am assured that someone will call be back soon.

It's is now 1:30 pm and I haven't heard from anyone. Zilch, nothing, zippo, nada.

Now should I be a little concerned that my child has no placement for school tomorrow? Max is presently running around gathering all of his back to school stuff (on his own - I didn't tell him to do this) organized. He has been so excited about this day for weeks now. If he can't go to school tomorrow he will be absolutely crushed. How much more emotional turmoil does this kid have to go through? Hasn't he been through enough already?

I am trying to take deep cleansing breaths, but I am so frustrated I am shaking and near tears. My friend Pam has offered to take the kids when she gets back home at 2 o'clock, so that I can go park myself in the SPED office until someone talks to me.

No comments: