Monday, September 3, 2007

F.I.B.F.A.R.V.A.


Yes, we actually did it.


First Inaugural Baker Family Annual Recreational Vehicle Adventure.


Now, if anyone would have told me that I would be travelling in a 30ft RV driven by my Dear Husband with the two kids I would have asked them if their meds had been adjusted recently.


We had a blast. Max has been begging for an RV trip since he could talk. When he finally got inside the RV I thought he would explode he was so happy. The two of them ran around opening every door, drawer and storage compartment.


We did feel like the Griswalds for a bid, but after a while we felt like old pros. Randy was pleasantly surprised a how easy it was to drive the dirt road to my grandmother's (what he refers to as the 3 mile laneway...). For those of you familiar with Nanny's, we parked up by the greenhouse and had water and electricity hook ups (this is my idea of ruffing it!).


We had no encounters of the wild kind, although my sister Cindy did describe this fox that she saw.

Cindy: "We saw a really cool fox on our way in"

Cindy: "It was really tall, and skinny"

Rhonda: "Was it red with black legs?"

Cindy: "No, it was kinda like a yellow, brown colour"

Rhonda: "Was it about the size of a small dog and sort of cat like"

Cindy: "No it was big and wolf like"

Rhonda: "That wasn't a Fox, that was a Coyote"

Cindy: "We saw a really cool wild animal on our way in..."


Stay tuned for more adventures...


No comments: